Riverside County Sheriff's Deputy Accused of Indecent Exposure

According to reports, an arrest warrant for indecent exposure was issued on October 2nd for Riverside County Sheriff's deputy, Matthew Jason Hunter. The warrant was issued after four girls identified Hunter as the man they saw exposing himself inside his parked truck, as they were running near Interstate 215 in Murrieta. Three of the girls also identified Hunter's Toyota truck as the vehicle he was in at the time the incident took place. Hunter denies the charge and told Murrieta police he had simply pulled over to try and look up directions on his phone for a nearby post office. Hunter has been placed on administrative leave pending further investigation.

Unless you are at a legally designated nude beach, pool or resort, it is illegal to be nude in public. If it is alleged that you exposed yourself, whether it is for your own sexual gratification or to sexually intimidate another, you are committing the crime of indecent exposure. It does not matter whether you expose your entire body or simply your "private parts". Anyone found guilty of indecent exposure could be facing fines, jail time, mandatory registration as a sex offender and more. First time offenders are often charged with a misdemeanor, whereas repeat offenders will be charged with a felony.

Law enforcement officials in the state of California take sex crimes, including acts of indecent exposure, very seriously. That is why if you or a loved one has been accused of indecent exposure, we advise you consult with an experienced Murrieta criminal defense lawyer from our firm immediately. Our firm has successfully represented clients facing all types of sex crime charges, and we understand the dramatic impact such charges, let alone a conviction, can have on your family, your personal life, your career, your future and your freedom.

No matter how frightening the charges may seem, our firm is here to help. Contact a criminal defense attorney at the Law Office of Nicolai Cocis today, so that we can review your case and advise you on how to proceed.