We Will Defend Your Rights & Protect Your Future
Charges for Criminal Threats in Murrieta
Assistance from a Murrieta Criminal Defense Attorney
Are you being accused of making criminal threats against someone? If you are, you could be facing possible jail or prison time. California Penal Code §422 defines a criminal threat as the act of intentionally threatening to commit a crime that will cause another person serious harm.
- A statement can only be considered a criminal threat if it meets all of the following requirements:
- The crime that is threatened is one that would cause another person great bodily injury or death.
- The threat is so immediate, specific and unconditional that it causes another person sustained fear for his or her safety or for the safety of that person's immediate family members or household members.
- The fear caused by the threat must be a reasonable fear.
Criminal threats can be made either verbally, in writing or through electronic communication devices. Even if a person makes a threat with no intention of actually following through with it, he or she can still be charged with making a criminal threat. If you are facing these types of charges, don't simply stand by and let someone else's allegations against you dictate your future. Take action by working with a seasoned Murrieta criminal defense lawyer. At the Law Office of Nic Cocis, we have successfully provided criminal defense for hundreds of clients!
Take Action to Avoid Conviction and Penalties
Those who are convicted of making criminal threats can be sentenced to a jail term of up to one year if the charge was a misdemeanor or a prison term for a felony. In order to reach a conviction, a prosecuting attorney will be required to prove that all of the elements of a criminal threat were present in your particular situation. There are many individuals who make claims of criminal threats when the statements that were made never actually rose to that level.
Some cases are based off of misunderstandings or people being overly sensitive, while other cases are based off of completely fabricated allegations. When we handle your case at the Law Office of Nic Cocis, we thoroughly investigate the situation so that we can uncover any weaknesses in the charges that have been brought against you.
If you have been arrested for criminal threats in Temecula, Murrieta, Wildomar, Menifee, Hemet, Lake Elsinore, Corona, Winchester, Banning or Riverside, contact our legal team today! We can help.
See How We Have Helped Other People In Your Shoes
- 23 of 24 Felony Counts Dismissed in Auto-Theft Case Worth $1.7 Million. Sentenced to Probation and Credit for the 4 Days in Jail Already Served
- Mortgage and Real Estate Fraud Valued in Excess of $1 Million Resulted in Probation and One Year of Home Confinement
- Accessory to Murder after Shooting at Busy Restaurant Resulted in Probation and Jail. Avoided Lengthy Prison Time.
- FBI Arrested Client for Involvement in Events on January 6th at U.S. Capitol in Washington D.C. - Obtained Substantial Reduction of Sentence
- Sentence Reduced to 8 Years for Individual Whose DNA was Linked to Kidnap and Rape.
- Case Dismissed for Church Pastor Facing Criminal Charges for Violating COVID-19 Regulations
Begin Building Your Defense
Do not hesitate to contact us by calling (951) 666-2600 or filling out the form below. We review your case for free to determine the best course of action.