We Will Defend Your Rights & Protect Your Future
Possession for Sale in Murrieta
California law carries harsh penalties for anyone that is found possessing illegal narcotics or controlled substances. Small amounts of any drug can land a person jail time, fines and treatment programs. However, if you have been charged with large-scale possession with the intent to sell you could be facing even higher penalties. If you were found with large quantities of the drugs or substance, large amounts of cash, scales and packaging materials, you were probably charged with intent to sell, which falls under drug crimes.
At the Law Office of Nic Cocis, we provide tough, uncompromising defense against drug offenses such as:
- Possession for personal use.
- Sale and trafficking of controlled substances, including heroin, methamphetamine (meth), marijuana, cocaine, Ecstasy (MDMA) and prescription drugs, such as Vicodin, Xanax or OxyContin.
We also represent people who face consequences such as forfeiture of property and seizure of financial assets related to drug offenses.
Intent to Sell Drugs
The Health and Safety Code of California draws out very specific punishments for anyone that is found guilty of possession for sale. Your punishment depends on the drug and the quantity. For example, if you violate Health and Safety Code 11351, by possessing cocaine for sale, you could be facing up to $10,000 in fines and up to four years in prison. Likewise, if you are arrested for violating Health and Safety Code 11378, possession of meth for sale, you could be facing heavy fines and up to 3 years of imprisonment.
Unfortunately, even innocent people can be accused of possession of drugs for sale. Roommates, friends and anyone that could be around someone who has the drugs can be charged with crime as well. California law has different penalties for possession for sale and possession for personal use. A conviction for possession with intent to sell can land you in jail. On the other hand, a sentence for possession for personal use normally carries drug treatment. As difficult as this time may be and confused as you may be feeling regarding your penalties and charges against you, it is imperative that you hire a lawyer. It is highly important to hire someone who can offer you one-on-one guidance and who can help gather evidence to prove your innocence or reduce your charge.
Pretrial Motions to Dismiss and Suppress Evidence
Even if you are charged with a state or federal drug offense, there are still Constitutional rights that protect you, including more specifically the 4th, 5th, 6th, and 14th Amendments. Attorney Nic Cocis will challenge the legality of the search and seizure, enforce your right to a fair and speedy trial, and in many of these instances, it is possible to suppress the drugs seized as evidence, and even have the case thrown out completely before trial.
Free Consultation with Our Criminal Defense Lawyer
For your sake, the primary objective is to keep you out of prison. We’ve built a reputation for being quite successful in this objective. If the amount of drugs allegedly in your possession is not to extreme, we can fight for rehabilitation or another alternative to jail and prison sentences.
- Attorney Nic Cocis also handles cases including:
- Medical marijuana cases
- Ecstasy (MDMA) possession and sale
- Cocaine possession and sale
- Methamphetamine (meth) possession, manufacturing and sale
- Heroin possession with intent to sell
Our office provides a free consultation directly with Nic Cocis. During the consultation, you are able to discuss the details surrounding your arrest. You will learn how we can help and what to expect throughout the criminal process.
Contact Murrieta drug crime attorney, Nic Cocis, by calling (951) 666-2600. We represent individuals in Temecula, Murrieta, Menifee, Wildomar, Lake Elsinore, Hemet, Banning, Corona, Winchester and Riverside areas.
See How We Have Helped Other People In Your Shoes
- 23 of 24 Felony Counts Dismissed in Auto-Theft Case Worth $1.7 Million. Sentenced to Probation and Credit for the 4 Days in Jail Already Served
- Mortgage and Real Estate Fraud Valued in Excess of $1 Million Resulted in Probation and One Year of Home Confinement
- Accessory to Murder after Shooting at Busy Restaurant Resulted in Probation and Jail. Avoided Lengthy Prison Time.
- FBI Arrested Client for Involvement in Events on January 6th at U.S. Capitol in Washington D.C. - Obtained Substantial Reduction of Sentence
- Sentence Reduced to 8 Years for Individual Whose DNA was Linked to Kidnap and Rape.
- Case Dismissed for Church Pastor Facing Criminal Charges for Violating COVID-19 Regulations
Begin Building Your Defense
Do not hesitate to contact us by calling (951) 666-2600 or filling out the form below. We review your case for free to determine the best course of action.