We Will Defend Your Rights & Protect Your Future
Arrested for a Firearm Offense?
Representation from a Murrieta Criminal Attorney
If you were accused of violating any laws relating to the possession of a firearm, you need to find immediate legal counsel to assist with your defense. Unlawfully possessing a gun or rifle can result in you being sent to county jail, owing thousands of dollars in fines, and leave a misdemeanor or a felony conviction on your record. You could also be forced to give up the weapon and lose the right to own a firearm in the future.
Don't allow this to happen. Call the Law Office of Nic Cocis to find out how we can help keep the penalties off your record and preserve your rights!
Understanding California's Strict Gun Laws
California's gun and firearm laws are very strict, heavily enforced, and carefully regulated. It can be difficult to know what is permissible and what is not, as the laws can be confusing. That is why our firm is here to help you understand how to defend yourself against such charges.
- These are some of the most common firearm offenses include:
- Owning a weapon without a license
- Concealed carrying of a firearm
- Concealed carrying of a loaded firearm in a car
- Illegal use or discharge of a firearm
- Minor in possession of a firearm
- Felon in possession of a firearm
- Assault with a deadly firearm
- Illegal sale of a firearm
- Assault weapon possession
If you have had even a certain minor misdemeanor on your record, you can be penalized for owning a firearm. These are very serious crimes that could prevent you from advancing your future and meeting your prospective goals. As an example, if in the last 10 years you were convicted of simple battery, you cannot legally own or even possess a firearm.
As another example, if you are an immigrant seeking to gain citizenship, having a firearm offense on your record can prevent you from doing so and could even result in you being deported. You need to get in touch with a Murrieta criminal defense lawyer today to discuss your case!
Get an Experienced Advocate on Your Side
Since 1999, the Law Office of Nic Cocis has been defending clients from criminal charges, focusing on advocating for those up against serious charges. This has given our firm great insight about the local court system and made us well-equipped to properly represent you and combat the prosecution. Being accused of a criminal charge can be daunting and you might not be sure where to turn to for support. Trust us to help you get through this difficult time!
Our law office is near the Southwest Justice Center and we represent individuals from the Riverside County cities of Temecula, Murrieta, Menifee, Wildomar, Lake Elsinore, Hemet, Perris, Banning, Corona, Winchester and Riverside.
When you are ready, reach out to schedule your free confidential consultation with us.
See How We Have Helped Other People In Your Shoes
- 23 of 24 Felony Counts Dismissed in Auto-Theft Case Worth $1.7 Million. Sentenced to Probation and Credit for the 4 Days in Jail Already Served
- Mortgage and Real Estate Fraud Valued in Excess of $1 Million Resulted in Probation and One Year of Home Confinement
- Accessory to Murder after Shooting at Busy Restaurant Resulted in Probation and Jail. Avoided Lengthy Prison Time.
- FBI Arrested Client for Involvement in Events on January 6th at U.S. Capitol in Washington D.C. - Obtained Substantial Reduction of Sentence
- Sentence Reduced to 8 Years for Individual Whose DNA was Linked to Kidnap and Rape.
- Case Dismissed for Church Pastor Facing Criminal Charges for Violating COVID-19 Regulations
Begin Building Your Defense
Do not hesitate to contact us by calling (951) 666-2600 or filling out the form below. We review your case for free to determine the best course of action.