We Will Defend Your Rights & Protect Your Future
Sex with a Minor Under 10 Years Old
Murrieta and Temecula Sex Crimes Defense Attorney
An adult charged with a sex crime with a minor under 10 years of age has the potential to face severe, life altering punishments. The accused could face felony charges, long prison sentences and be required to register as a sex offender. In California, Penal Code section 288 defines any of the following acts as a sex crime:
Penal Code Section 288.7
- Section A: Any person 18 years of age or older who engages in sexual intercourse or sodomy with a child who is 10 years of age or younger is guilty of a felony and shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for a term of 25 years to life.
- Section B: Any person 18 years of age or older who engages in oral copulation or sexual penetration as defined in Section 289, with a child who is 10 years of age or younger is guilty of a felony and shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for a term of 15 years to life.
Punishment – 15 Years to Life
An adult charged with a sex crime with a child under 10 year old faces extremely serious penalties. Under California law it is important to remember, when the penal code includes a set number of years for punishment, that amount is the minimum amount of time the accused must serve until they are eligible for parole. For example, if the accused is found guilty under section B of penal code 288.7, that person must serve at least 15 years before they can be released by a positive determination in a California Parole Board Hearing.
You Are Entitled to a Defense
If you have been accused of violating Penal Code Section 288.7, you are entitled to a defense. For these types of cases, it is imperative you hire an attorney who specializes in this practice.
Many people have been represented by inexperienced attorneys with ineffective defenses as a result. Our Murrieta criminal defense lawyers are experienced in protecting the rights and freedoms of those accused of sex crimes throughout California and have an extensive track record of success.
Call today for a free consultation!
See How We Have Helped Other People In Your Shoes
- 23 of 24 Felony Counts Dismissed in Auto-Theft Case Worth $1.7 Million. Sentenced to Probation and Credit for the 4 Days in Jail Already Served
- Mortgage and Real Estate Fraud Valued in Excess of $1 Million Resulted in Probation and One Year of Home Confinement
- Accessory to Murder after Shooting at Busy Restaurant Resulted in Probation and Jail. Avoided Lengthy Prison Time.
- FBI Arrested Client for Involvement in Events on January 6th at U.S. Capitol in Washington D.C. - Obtained Substantial Reduction of Sentence
- Sentence Reduced to 8 Years for Individual Whose DNA was Linked to Kidnap and Rape.
- Case Dismissed for Church Pastor Facing Criminal Charges for Violating COVID-19 Regulations
Begin Building Your Defense
Do not hesitate to contact us by calling (951) 666-2600 or filling out the form below. We review your case for free to determine the best course of action.