We Will Defend Your Rights & Protect Your Future
Charged with Stalking?
Speak with a Temecula / Murrieta Criminal Defense Attorney Today
California has some of the toughest laws regarding stalking in the nation and those found guilty could face considerable jail time and fines. You will need a vigorous defense if you have been accused of stalking, and our Murrieta criminal defense attorney fights hard on your behalf because your future is worth defending.
The Law Office of Nic Cocis makes achieving client goals our first priority. Our firm offers clients the one-on-one careful attention they deserve when facing criminal charges. Since 1999 our firm has been finding solutions to our client's legal issues and arguing fiercely on their behalf. When you face serious criminal charges, go with experience and reputation; trust your case to the Law Office of Nic Cocis.
What constitutes stalking?
Whether stalking is charged as a misdemeanor or felony can depend on your criminal history and the details of your particular case. Misdemeanor stalking is punishable by up to a year in jail and/or up to $1,000 in fines while a felony conviction carries up to three years in prison.
- California Penal Code section 646.9 defines Stalking as:
- Willing and malicious following or harassing someone
- Making a credible verbal or physical threat
- Instilling fear in the victim by means of intimidation or threats
If the alleged stalker violated a valid restraining order, they can face up to four years in prison. Other punishments can include having to complete months of anger management or similar counseling, years of probation and in some cases, registration as a sex-offender.
Defending You at Every Turn
While stalking is a very serious charge, it can be beaten or reduced by a knowledgeable Murrieta criminal defense lawyer from our firm. We understand that many times, stalking charges are the result of false accusations made by those seeking the upper hand in a divorce or looking for revenge. Our firm has successfully defended individuals that faced such accusations.
With the use of a Private Investigator, we can fully investigate your charge including the background and any possible motivations for your accuser to charge you with stalking. In the appropriate cases, we can argue in court that the accusations were based on malice or a simple misunderstanding. Even if we cannot get your charges thrown out, we can work to have them minimized to reduce your penalties as much as possible.
If you have been accused of stalking in Temecula, Murrieta, Menifee, Wildomar, Hemet, Banning, Lake Elsinore, Corona, Winchester or Riverside, call our firm to schedule your free case evaluation!
See How We Have Helped Other People In Your Shoes
- 23 of 24 Felony Counts Dismissed in Auto-Theft Case Worth $1.7 Million. Sentenced to Probation and Credit for the 4 Days in Jail Already Served
- Mortgage and Real Estate Fraud Valued in Excess of $1 Million Resulted in Probation and One Year of Home Confinement
- Accessory to Murder after Shooting at Busy Restaurant Resulted in Probation and Jail. Avoided Lengthy Prison Time.
- FBI Arrested Client for Involvement in Events on January 6th at U.S. Capitol in Washington D.C. - Obtained Substantial Reduction of Sentence
- Sentence Reduced to 8 Years for Individual Whose DNA was Linked to Kidnap and Rape.
- Case Dismissed for Church Pastor Facing Criminal Charges for Violating COVID-19 Regulations
Begin Building Your Defense
Do not hesitate to contact us by calling (951) 666-2600 or filling out the form below. We review your case for free to determine the best course of action.