We Will Defend Your Rights & Protect Your Future
Accused of Robbery?
Murrieta Criminal Defense Attorney
If you are charged with robbery, you could be facing anywhere from two to nine years in prison, extensive fines, and other consequences. Though it can be challenging to defend robbery charges, you can be confident that the Murrieta robbery crime lawyer, Nic Cocis, is prepared to stand up for your rights.
You cannot afford to waste another moment; call our firm today for the trusted defense you deserve.
What is considered robbery?
Essentially, robbery is considered any theft that involves force or fear to obtain another's property or belongings. The prosecution has to prove certain elements of robbery in order to convict a defendant of this charge.
- The following must be present for it to be considered a robbery crime:
- Personal property was taken from another's possession
- The victim was immediately present for the crime
- The property was taken against the individual's will and through fear or force
- The defendant intended to take the property away in order to deprive the owner of its value
However, other similar crimes can also be seen as robbery, such as breaking into a house to steal property while people are there, resulting in the use of threats or force to take property. In other situations, an individual may be caught in the act by the owner of the property, causing them to use threats of physical harm to get out of the situation. While an individual did not intend to use physical force, they will now face elevated charges.
Schedule a Free Consultation with Us
Regardless of whether you have been accused of robbery, grand theft, or petty theft, it is more important than ever for you to obtain seasoned and reliable legal representation from a Murrieta criminal defense attorney. Since 1999, we have helped many individuals from the cities of Murrieta, Temecula, Menifee, Wildomar, Lake Elsinore, Hemet, Perris, Banning, Corona, Winchester and Riverside. We can help you too!
Nic Cocis knows how crucial this time is, especially when it comes to building your defense. Give our firm a call today if you are ready to discuss your case and work towards protecting your freedom!
See How We Have Helped Other People In Your Shoes
- 23 of 24 Felony Counts Dismissed in Auto-Theft Case Worth $1.7 Million. Sentenced to Probation and Credit for the 4 Days in Jail Already Served
- Mortgage and Real Estate Fraud Valued in Excess of $1 Million Resulted in Probation and One Year of Home Confinement
- Accessory to Murder after Shooting at Busy Restaurant Resulted in Probation and Jail. Avoided Lengthy Prison Time.
- FBI Arrested Client for Involvement in Events on January 6th at U.S. Capitol in Washington D.C. - Obtained Substantial Reduction of Sentence
- Sentence Reduced to 8 Years for Individual Whose DNA was Linked to Kidnap and Rape.
- Case Dismissed for Church Pastor Facing Criminal Charges for Violating COVID-19 Regulations
Begin Building Your Defense
Do not hesitate to contact us by calling (951) 666-2600 or filling out the form below. We review your case for free to determine the best course of action.