We Will Defend Your Rights & Protect Your Future
Charged with Shoplifting in Murrieta?
Have you been charged with shoplifting? Shoplifting is a theft crime and is one of the most commonly prosecuted crimes in the state of California. Shoplifting involves the unlawful taking of someone else's property and is always charged as misdemeanor. If you are proven guilty of a shoplifting charge, you could be facing up to six months in jail and fines up to $1,000. If the amount stolen was less than $50, you may be charged with an infraction and be fine up to $250.
Shoplifting charges are never an easy thing to face, and you should know that you do not have to face them alone. A confident and experienced criminal defense attorney can greatly help your case. If you have been charged, you should know that you still have rights!
Qualified Defense Attorney for Petty Theft
There are a variety of reasons people shoplift. Sometimes it is because they cannot afford the item up front, or just for the thrill of stealing something. Other times, it is simply a matter of making a mistake and using poor judgment. Perhaps you put the book into your bag as you were shopping and walked out forgetting to pay? Absent-mindedness sometimes plays a big role in shoplifting cases. There are times when people are accused of shoplifting an item that they already own, but perhaps was sold in the store that they were in. In some unfortunate events, the defendant could have been framed.
There are plenty of defenses for petty theft. Just because you are being accused of stealing something, does not mean that you should face all the harshness and cruelty that the criminal justice system can provide. You do not need to face this time alone. It is always important to consult a criminal defense attorney, no matter how small the amount was that was allegedly stolen.
A Murrieta theft crime lawyer can review surveillance, gather witness information and provide legal counsel to best assist you in gaining the most optimum outcome for your case. At the Law Office of Nic Cocis we work diligently to help you protect your future from the effects of these charges, whether a mistake was made on your part or not. Our office is conveniently located near the Southwest Justice Center in Murrieta, California. Since 1999, we have helped countless individuals from the cities of Murrieta, Temecula, Menifee, Wildomar, Lake Elsinore, Hemet, Perris, Banning, Corona, Winchester and Riverside.
We can help you too! Contact our firm today!
See How We Have Helped Other People In Your Shoes
- 23 of 24 Felony Counts Dismissed in Auto-Theft Case Worth $1.7 Million. Sentenced to Probation and Credit for the 4 Days in Jail Already Served
- Mortgage and Real Estate Fraud Valued in Excess of $1 Million Resulted in Probation and One Year of Home Confinement
- Accessory to Murder after Shooting at Busy Restaurant Resulted in Probation and Jail. Avoided Lengthy Prison Time.
- FBI Arrested Client for Involvement in Events on January 6th at U.S. Capitol in Washington D.C. - Obtained Substantial Reduction of Sentence
- Sentence Reduced to 8 Years for Individual Whose DNA was Linked to Kidnap and Rape.
- Case Dismissed for Church Pastor Facing Criminal Charges for Violating COVID-19 Regulations
Begin Building Your Defense
Do not hesitate to contact us by calling (951) 666-2600 or filling out the form below. We review your case for free to determine the best course of action.