We Will Defend Your Rights & Protect Your Future
Counterfeiting Defense Attorney in Murrieta
The crime of counterfeiting is most commonly associated with money, but counterfeiting can include any type of forgery pertaining to legal documents, clothes, artwork, logos and brands, prescription drugs and even computer software. This crime falls under the nonviolent white collar crimes but can still hold heavy penalties for those accused. If you have been accused of counterfeiting currency or goods, you could be facing either a misdemeanor or a felony charge, depending on your past criminal record and the sophistication of the counterfeiting operation. .
There are various examples of counterfeiting: fake I.D.'s, false insurance cards or replicated dollar bills. Under California Penal Code 470, you can be facing up to three years in a state prison and a maximum of $10,000 in fines if you are found in possession of a counterfeit driver's license or identification card. Like most other white collar crimes, you may be charged with various counts of different crimes such as forgery or theft.
Murrieta Criminal Lawyer Representing Your Case
Have you been accused of counterfeiting goods or money? It is highly imperative that you contact a legal representative who can assist you in building a case against your charges. Regardless of the acts that led up to your arrest and/or accusations, you are always innocent until proven guilty. The Miranda Rights which are guaranteed to you by the Constitution, allow you to remain silent until speaking with legal counsel. Contact a Murrieta counterfeit defense attorney today if you are under investigation.
Since 1999 the Law Office of Nic Cocis, has provided experienced and assertive defense representation for clients charged with counterfeiting, embezzlement, fraud and theft-related crimes in the Temecula, Murrieta, Menifee, Wildomar, Lake Elsinore, Hemet, Perris, Banning, Corona, Winchester and Riverside, California, areas.
Call us to schedule a free consultation, as we offer services in English, Spanish and Romanian, Fill out our free case evaluation today to get the process started as soon as possible.
See How We Have Helped Other People In Your Shoes
- 23 of 24 Felony Counts Dismissed in Auto-Theft Case Worth $1.7 Million. Sentenced to Probation and Credit for the 4 Days in Jail Already Served
- Mortgage and Real Estate Fraud Valued in Excess of $1 Million Resulted in Probation and One Year of Home Confinement
- Accessory to Murder after Shooting at Busy Restaurant Resulted in Probation and Jail. Avoided Lengthy Prison Time.
- FBI Arrested Client for Involvement in Events on January 6th at U.S. Capitol in Washington D.C. - Obtained Substantial Reduction of Sentence
- Sentence Reduced to 8 Years for Individual Whose DNA was Linked to Kidnap and Rape.
- Case Dismissed for Church Pastor Facing Criminal Charges for Violating COVID-19 Regulations
Begin Building Your Defense
Do not hesitate to contact us by calling (951) 666-2600 or filling out the form below. We review your case for free to determine the best course of action.