We Will Defend Your Rights & Protect Your Future
Fraud Charges in Murrieta
Deception and Falsifying
Since 1999 the Law Office of Nic Cocis, has provided experienced and assertive defense representation for clients charged with fraud and theft-related crimes in the Temecula, Murrieta, Wildomar, Menifee, Lake Elsinore, Hemet, Perris, Banning, Corona, Winchester and Riverside, California, areas.
- Fraud typically falls under three main categories:
- Governmental fraud
- Consumer fraud
- Employee fraud
Government fraud involves some deceptive practice in order to obtain government services (e.g. welfare fraud) or the falsification of tax returns to minimize how much money is owed to the government. Insurance fraud, such as reporting injuries that were not present after an accident in order to gain insurance relief, can be considered consumer fraud. Employee fraud is when an individual defrauds their workplace or employer, such as embezzling money or giving fake employee record documents.
Allow Our Highly Reviewed Criminal Attorney to Help
Fraud is a serious charge. It is sometimes prosecuted together with various other theft charges, such as grand theft and embezzlement. If you are found guilty and convicted, your sentence will depend on the amount of money taken, the number of victims and the sophistication of the fraud.
California Penal Code 186.11 states that any white collar crime, such as fraud, can be enhanced to an "aggravated white collar crime", which may make the sentencing you are facing much harsher. If you are being charged with fraud you could face jail time, fines, restitution to the victim or accusing parties and community service time.
Remember, you are always innocent until you are proven otherwise. A criminal law attorney will be able to gather evidence to prove your innocence or reduce your charges. By seeking the counsel of an experienced and professional white collar crimes attorney, you will be giving yourself the edge up you may need in your case.
For a free consultation to discuss your specific charges and to learn how we can be of assistance, contact our office by calling (951) 666-2600.
See How We Have Helped Other People In Your Shoes
- 23 of 24 Felony Counts Dismissed in Auto-Theft Case Worth $1.7 Million. Sentenced to Probation and Credit for the 4 Days in Jail Already Served
- Mortgage and Real Estate Fraud Valued in Excess of $1 Million Resulted in Probation and One Year of Home Confinement
- Accessory to Murder after Shooting at Busy Restaurant Resulted in Probation and Jail. Avoided Lengthy Prison Time.
- FBI Arrested Client for Involvement in Events on January 6th at U.S. Capitol in Washington D.C. - Obtained Substantial Reduction of Sentence
- Sentence Reduced to 8 Years for Individual Whose DNA was Linked to Kidnap and Rape.
- Case Dismissed for Church Pastor Facing Criminal Charges for Violating COVID-19 Regulations
Begin Building Your Defense
Do not hesitate to contact us by calling (951) 666-2600 or filling out the form below. We review your case for free to determine the best course of action.